Thursday, May 26, 2011

Don't Look Down

Trees drippin, clouds sailing, dog sleepin. I like my back yard, but more with all the leaves out and soughing in the wind. I think you pronounce that suffing, but that English is one crazy language. Some say 'sowing', maybe better to avoid the word altogether.  The word 'slough' comes to mind, pronounced 'sloo', meaning a small lake or pond, usually occurring in glacial rebound topography, but in Scotland they might call it a tarn or e'en a loch.  Maybe all words ending in 'ough' should be outlawed, or we will end up in camps warring with pens. No, wait, this is the 21st century, nobody gies a guid shite aboot pens. Its all aboot the fiddly bits of buttons folks all carry these days. Moving on. Ough, I say that as UFF ! Unless its a wee tarn, ye ken.
I feel this to be a momentous time. And I got some bloody sleep last night, so I wont get much tonight. I have learned much, forgotten much, but still have enough left to be looking forward to the next 20 yrs. The outdoor couch is wet with rain, or I would be out on it, lookin up at the clouds and not thinking, instead of trying to get some thoughts doon.  Err, right, momentous time.

Dinna let the bastarrds grrind ye doon.

Here's a wee choon from Igster from Deetroyit. The lyrics are sometimes right, but they were dubbed by someone who doesnt speka da anglish too good, or they were doin some of Iggy's dope. Chyron, do they still say that? Its a little planet or moon, I think, but was also a term for adding text to video.

Here's Iggy:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgkvUfpkRT8

No comments:

Post a Comment