Saturday, January 29, 2011

challenging the sleep

When I am in the 'givin er' stage of work, which is late January till June, I have to work a half-day Saturday. So I come home on Friday night about 10 pm. and the prudent thing would be to have summat to eat and go to bed by midnight so I can get up at 8 with a clear head. Prudent is a word that applies to me when I am heading out into a blizzard, I always make sure to dress appropriately, and even stick a choco bar or some jerky in the pocket, but NOT when it comes to sleep, especially on a Friday night.  Might even be genetically encoded to stay up too late and drink those extra beers on Friday.
I generally take a cab to work on Saturday morning, the LRT n bus never hook up when I want them to in a way which enables me to get there on time. Especially after double-figures beers and little sleep. At least the young feller bought some shampoo, which we were out of for a day or two. I rely on his need to look good for these supplies.
Enjoying chatting with my friend from the old hood in the Peg (you know who you are).  Funny to talk about Sportsmans' Billiards, Gunn's Bakery, Kelekis' hotdogs n fries, all that good stuff. And we both told Burton C. to fuck off, how bout that for coincidence. 
Smart chicks rule, especially if we share politics and ideas of teleology, the perversion of the Rebel Jesus into the Gaia-hatin God Corp, that Danny Williams from Newfndland is pretty cool for a Tory, that street bums are people too, and freedom is better than property.

Property would be nice, but some beardo once told me its slavery too. 

1 comment: