Thursday, January 13, 2011

the stench of weed

Back in my teenage years (1972-79) I smoked my share of the herb. It was cheaper and weaker then, and given the heat-score factor, we smoked it outside mostly.  In somebody's garage, or huddled together outside in stands of trees, usually fat joints of cheap Mexican.  Nowadays, its a lot more potent, and in Canadian cities, cops usually dont bust kids for smokin it; but if you had a teenage son, would you want him smokin behind a 7-11 where some cop with a bad mood might roll up in his cruiser, or let him smoke in the house? I would fall into the latter category. But as a guy who might herb up once a month, if that, the stink of over-fertilized hydro weed is like a cow just shit a fresh one to my delicate shnozz.
I know about the smell of cowshit, my favorite uncle was a Dutch dairy farmer married to my ma's lil sister, who was my favorite aunt, and I spent a good deal of time in the ol cowbarn.  Hydro weed smells like fresh cowshit, especially indoors. Believe.
I hear them coughing their guts out also, but part of this is my newly quit-smoking GRRRR righteousness.  My basement neighbor/tenants, also smokin de herb mon, laid off and whining about it, but smokin weed n gaming all the time.. HMMM, you are out of work so you smoke weed and cough, and sleep until noon or 1 pm..
More and more I sound like somebody's dad. Which I am, so might as well give in to that.

As I have said to the young feller:  'Party after work, not instead of work. '
 'If you smoke dope twice a month, it might even be good for you. If you smoke twice a day, it will fuck you up, and sap your energy.'

Back to my poker n beer now. Legal, doesnt mess up my lungs, or stink up anyone's air.

2 comments:

  1. 'Party after work, not instead of work. '
    These are words to live by my friend! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here here!
    I second that. Yeah weed doesn't kill anyone but certainly doesn't motivate anyone either.

    ReplyDelete