Tuesday, January 18, 2011

this old House, She is Fallin apart

I hate moving.  It is such a big fkn hassle. When I could put everything I own into the back of my 87 F-150, that wasnt so bad, and the old dog could even still jump up on the seat then.
The house I live in here, with son and dog, and basement tenant, is the longest address I have had other the house I grew up in with my parents n sibs.  I have been here since Aug./04.
  This one has some cracks in the walls, crappy insulation and huge life threatening ice dams in winter. Into these cracks  water sometimes trickles, which is bad, and could make the cracks bigger. Freezing water can break mountain ranges down, let alone some cheap stucco house built for returning WW2 vets in 1947.
 Eventually, I will move, but with having a son almost 18, I realize he wont be living with me forever. He is welcome to stay till he is 24-25, but I will need more rent than he currently pays.  And the old dog is 13, I hope he lives forever, but I know he wont.
So to cinsider moving becausae the house is crappy kind of meets resistance in my mind, a stubborn Scot one even.  The cost of a new place, the hassle of hauling everything out, etc.. is not something I want to think about for a few years.
Provided the whole shitpile doesnt break in two and crumble some night.
My current basement tenant is a skilled trade, but he has no money (somehow) and doesnt want to fix anything unless the landlord (who lives in Hong Kong and I havent seen in person in 2 years) pays for it.  He has 2 dogs living with him, which is why he is here, as it is damned difficult to find a rental that will allow 2 real dogs (a Rottie n a Husky) , not to mention my fine German Shep.
Its a doggy, cracky old house.  But I hope it hangs together for another year or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment