Saturday, January 15, 2011

still winter, dog is cool, son thinks I am a moron

Well, to be charitable, Ed doesnt exactly think I am a moron, but I didnt know it was Saturday today, and questioned why he was home from 'school' at 11:45. What he said was 'It's Saturday' but his facial expression added the word 'Moron'.  He is not a mean guy, I think he digs that I am not a normal square prick, but 17 yr olds generally start to wonder how their dads made it this far, being morons. My dad could tell me about close scrapes he got into in WW2, which were many, and that was the huge ass-tightening adventure of his life, and I gave him big props for kickin Hitler's ass. My big adventures were largely partying n travelling.  I met Keef Richards n Joni in Paris. But didnt do their drugs or get naked, just met them.
The dog (Walter) is fuckin awesome. I feel the love for him hours every day. He is a dog, but he isnt 'just' a dog.  He is a sentient organism who loves me with every cell of his being.  He loves Ed too, we are his pack.  He has it pretty good here, wood-fenced yard, outdoor couch, insulated doghouse, couch which he has exclusive rights to in my bedroom, doggie pals downstairs..
Nevertheless, he is wicked awesome cool. And smarter than most people I meet.

Still winter up here at 53 50N. lat. Snow continues to fall.  The weedy gay guy next door even gets out to shovel, but he 'hates having to do Man Stuff'. I shovel, but I wish the other 3 males who live here would notice snow is accumulating and surprise me by moving it. My awesome tenant Jen was the best snow shoveler of either gender I have ever been privileged to share a sidewalk with, but she is in BC now.  Best neighbor ever, crazy dogs n all.

No comments:

Post a Comment