Wednesday, January 19, 2011

good sleep but strange dreams

I suffer from intermittent insomnia. I can cope with less sleep than most, and often go a week on about 3 hours a night.  But I get the odd catch up night, like last night.  My fine dog was also in a mood to sleep; he usually needs to be let out at least once every 6 hours or so, he has an old guy's bladder, but last night he slept for about 11 hours straight. The most memorable of my dreams was I lost the dog at some event in some northern town which had tons of German Shepherds roaming loose, which meant every time I thought I had found him, close up inspection revealed it was a different dog. I found him, eventually, but there was much roaming and looking, and I even jumped a train at one point, which had lots of natives drinking on it.
I got up this morning feeling rested for the first time in a while.
I almost wonder if my midwinter insomnia has something to do with lack of sun and short days. There was that news item the other day that this town on Greenland had seen the sun earlier by 48 hrs. than ever recorded. The days get short enough up here at 53 40 N. lat. let alone north of 60.  I think we just hit 8 hours of daylight. We get our revenge in June when the days are about 18 hours long.
I have 2 gal pals in the tropics at the moment, one in Bahamas, one in Thailand. Soak up that sun, ladies. I have a male bud in Thailand as well, but he settled there and aint comin back.

No comments:

Post a Comment