Sunday, January 23, 2011

Protect, but dont disrespect, the wimmins n kids

I was up really late last night (again) and engaging with a few women in different ways. Arguing with one -she had heard some shite that Bukowski was a pedophile, which I really objected to, especially as the man has been dead for 16 yrs and cant defend himself, and I had just watched Born Into This, his biography, which really moved me- flirting with another, who watched my argument online with the first gal, and found me Magnificent (her word) in my empassioned defense, and just yakking with another, a gal I know and care about who was in Thailand in a tropical downpour, in a hut.  Our yakking covered a lot of ground- life, death, sex, love, kids, spirits- as she is a deep thinker and feeler, and also a warrior queen to be respected.
Women are great. That may seem to be a no-brainer, everybody has a mum, everybody came from a woman, but sometimes guys just get into that 'madonna/whore' thing, where one either sees a woman as a sex toy or a mother, but they are also full humans, deeper in many ways than guys, who are pretty simple. Guys have an On/Off switch, maybe a few different settings (fuck, fight, drink, jam, watch sports, feel sad about getting older) but women have 1000 different settings, which us guys maybe learn about 5 of in our whole lives.  Many of us still feel the primal urge to protect the village, but dont have the subtlety that a woman learns by about age 10.
 Kids are little humans. They have lots of settings too, beyond 'behaving, screwing up, being sick, being asleep'. My young feller is 4 months away from 18, he is on the cusp of being a kid and being a man. I think he will be a good man, provided he learns not to let his buddies take advantage of his kindness too often.  And put down the damn game controller and learn real things in the real world.  'Too soon old, too late wise'. A guy I really liked and respected who died young in a grisly farm accident said that to me for the first time.  He was a good man, and he never saw 40. 
Before I start gettin all maudlin and singin Annie Laurie, I think I will check in on the poker table. Sunday is a good day for tourneys on Jokerstars, the Sunday Two Grand starts in an hour.
Peace out. my grandfathers are with me today, and some other spirits like Warren Zevon and Hank Bukowski.  Hope you guys are getting all the drinks you want in the afterlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment