Thursday, January 13, 2011

shrinking online universe

Back in the 2000's, before the '10's, I used to talk to lots of people online. Some were old friends or workmates I had reconnected with, some were strangers I had met online and become friends with, some were just passers-by who knew some of the previous bunch. Friends of new friends, or just curious lookers, or liked my turn of phrase, or we shared a passion, but there were always messages , kudos, chuckles, rants, etc. to read. .
That was before MySpace dwindled and began to increasingly suck. I quite liked it 05-09, preferred it to facebook because of the blog feature. I met musicians , writers, and GIRLS there, who liked to write.  Feckbook, as I call it, always seemed superficial and ADD. It still does, but I'm on it. I post lots of youtube tunes when I have gone beyond the 10 drink stage.  I think now especially, with so many people using phones to update their online stuff, its increasingly non-writerish. Its LOL, CU L8R telegraphic garble.
What  I will write in this space will be a lot about my awesome dog, Walter, a gracefully aging German Shep (13 but fit) and my 17 1/2 yr old son Ed, who is a great guy for his age, responsible (mostly- he aint perfect, but he isnt a thug or a thief either), smart, and polite to his granny, and various grumbles, mumbles and exhortations that pass through my stubbly mind.
I call it Campfire Beers because that is among my favorite things ever, to sit by a fire outdoors with a few cool ones and a friend or three and just hang. Share some thoughts, light some farts (or not), just exist in a peaceful state by the crackling fire and the cold beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment