Friday, January 21, 2011

more music related shit

The same dude that turned me on to James McMurtry lead me to Ron Sexsmith, who I used to see on the ferry sometimes in the BC islands. Super nice guy, you wouldnt think he had the moxie to get where he got, but aggression isnt always rewarded or respected. I.e., I wouldnt want to hang with Ted Nugent, but his music was great when I was young n dumb. Stranglehold is still a good one, but I would rather have Ron Sexsmith house-sit, or if I had little kids, he would rock as a babysitter. I  am sure he has other things to do (like his own kids, and his music, etc.) but trustworthy is among the first words in my mind about him.  strawberry blonde

I think he jams with Elvis n Diana, also really nice people.  I am too outsidery and grouchy to hang with nice people, I think. I hang with outsidery people who drink.

But to return to the beginning, the guy who indicated the road to James McMurtry (an outsider who drinks) is in Taiwan.  We had one really good day a few years back, when we crossed the spine of Vancouver Island from Nanaimo to Tofino, listening to Check yr Head and possibly smokin red-hair and drinkin copious beers. Ate some good fish n chips in Ucluelet, thats factual.
I know a few good mates who have fled to Asia. I am a western Canadian to the core. I like it here, and shovel snow to prove it.

If you dont know who James McMurtry is, here's a sample. 
He can be kinder n gentler, but sometimes not.   choctaw bingo

Would still do campfire beers with the cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment