Thursday, January 13, 2011

girls, weather: a beginning

For me to embark on an analysis of girls (women; yes I acknowledge I am not talking about female children, but women should have a term equivalent to 'guys' in the anglish langvidge but they dont. Girls to me means 'women I find attractive or am equal to in history'. Or female children, but I draw the line. somewhere... Golda Meir is a woman, Indira Ghandi. I dont want to get them nekkid. Maggie Thatcher- I might like to flog with a cat o nine tails, but the impulses arent sexual or affectionate. ) would be like trying to talk about humans from 500 mill BC to the present.
Like weather, fa Crissakes.  It always changes. You think you got a behavior pattern sorted, its all good, nothing is going to go freeaky, then BOOM! One's shirt is suddenly unacceptable.  Or the detritus thereon.  Suntine, I have dressed up. Rare, dont blink or you'll miss it.  My dog sleeps on my bed. I dress for weather, not approval.  I was a disappointing guest to a good friend. Zo gehts, move on.

The weather is cold here at the moment. In Edmonotone, Alberta, we usually get about 2 cold snaps per winter when it is -20-something, windchill minus 30-something, which last about 10 days each. There are exceptions. But most winters, thats how she rolls. I do accept that we are in period of climate change. Can we we do shit about it? Maybe. I grew up in Winterpeg, -40 on new year's eve was the norm.  Get on the LJ's, scarf it up and try not to pass out in a snow bank.

But at the moment, we have crazy ass weather in east coast n NY, seriously crazy rain in Aus, QLD, these are linked somehow. Not by a human conspiracy, just  too much carbon for 2 centuries sent the shit over the line.
 What can we do? Conserve. Moderate.  In developing countries, educate the girls and stop the boys waving their fkn guns around so much.
If you are planning for a crop, you dont shoot the people with plows. Or the critters pulling em.

I am not really a God guy, in the religious sense. Faith is good, religion is bad, that is my litany.
But to steal from that blues band that got huge after they added the hot chicks:

'Dont stop thinkin about tomorrow..'

 'If only you'd believe in miracles, so would I..'

No comments:

Post a Comment