Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday feels like Saturday, but at least I know today

Consulted with the young feller on how his first-semester exams are going, some good, so not-so-hot, but he thinks his in-class marks are high enough to carry the crappy ones.  He's not an over-achiever in school by any means, which I dont worry about. He is steady, he will always make rent and put food in the fridge. I think people who want their kids to win Nobel prizes or 2 doctorates by 25 are neurotic and overly concerned with others' opinions.  Its not a race, its a journey, enjoy the scenery along the way.  He doesnt have any exams today, so he is gaming in his room, got the laptop open for feckbook updates, and hot chocolate, noodles n burritos available.  He knows he has to study sometime this weekend, he will figure it out. 

I still have huge killer icicles coming down from the eaves of the house. I knocked off the 'dog-hazard' ones in the backyard, and requested an estimate from a reliable handyman on adding more insulation in the attic edges so we dont get the huge nasty ice dams and killer icicles, but he hasnt got back to me yet.  The current basement tenants whine more than anyone I ever had down there before. They are kind of overgrown kids, weed n gaming, even though they are supposedly skilled trades, but laid off.  And always, always late with rent. I had a 120 lb. girl down there for 2 1/2 yrs who whined less in all that time than these guys do in a week.  Props to mountain-girl bar waitresses with girl-balls.  She is a mom now, I am sure she will do a great job on that as well.

 I am currently in 2 poker tourneys at once. Not on porpoise, I thought the first one would be wrapped before the second one started. Its cheap entertainment, but they are real money games. One was 1.15, the other 2.20. Over 7000 games in 4 yrs, it has cost me 14 cents per game after the win-loss calculation.  And the house rake is 15%, so I am sitting at about 60% success. Its not really gambling, more like betting somebody a buck on a game.  But my middle aged attention span means I cant do justice to 2 games and blather on my blog, so I bid you adieu.  Until next time, Good Night and Good Wrestling.

No comments:

Post a Comment